SUMMER RENTAL POLICIES
Thank you for considering Harris Real Estate to help you plan your vacation! Below are our rental policies. We try to be as transparent as possible to avoid any confusion and ask that you reach out to us with any questions prior to booking.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For most properties, check in is at our office located at 395 Ocean Boulevard in Hampton, NH 03842. If your reservation is paid in full, we offer a curbside service on Saturdays. If you need to come inside, we have parking available across the street. Keys must be returned to our office by the check-out time on your receipt. You can also drop your keys in our drop box the night prior, just leave us a note on what time you are leaving.
Your check-in and check-out time will be printed on your confirmation. For most properties, check-in is after 3pm and check-out is before 11am. A few properties do have different schedules though.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer late check-in or check-outs because of the tight turnaround schedule. Checking out late makes the next guest unable to check-in on time.
Guests bring all linens (towels, sheets, blankets), paper supplies and towels, unless otherwise noted on the reservation. Guest is also responsible for leaving the rental property in “check-in ready” condition upon leaving.
Please read the description for the property and do not assume that a particular amenity is provided or available. Many properties do not have WiFi or air conditioning, unless explicitely stated on the ad. If there are any questions, please call or e-mail us PRIOR to booking.
Pets are strictly PROHIBITED at all properties UNLESS it specifically indicates it is pet friendly. Violation will result in immediate eviction from the property without warning or refund.
Emotional support animals do not qualify as service animals. By law, we are not required to accept emotional support animals in our vacation rentals. We will accommodate them to the best of our ability in a pet-friendly property, and treat them like any other non-ADA certified dog. The pet must adhere to our policies as well.
Service animals are allowed in vacation rentals. However, it’s important to know the definition of a service animal. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines service animals as any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability. This can include guide or seeing eye dogs, hearing or signal dogs, seizure response dogs, or psychiatric service dogs.
For service animals, during the booking process our team may ask you:
- Is this animal required due to a disability?
- What work or task has the animal been trained to perform?
We are also allowed to and will ask to have signed documentation regarding your service animal. We won’t charge a pet fee for service animals.
As we do not charge cleaning fees, we ask that you clean the property before leaving. While properties are checked between guests, please return furniture to its original location and have the property in a clean and orderly condition. We operate on extremely tight turnarounds to maximize each guests time at their rental. Excessively messy rental properties or damages will incur additional charges.
In most cases, you will have first option to renew the same property for the same week the following year. This is done as a courtesy and is not guaranteed. Please keep the following in mind:
- We mail renewals in January of the following year. Please make sure we have an accurate mailing address for you. We’re open year-round if you need to update your information.
- You typically have 30 days from the time the renewal is sent to submit your deposit. If you cannot make the deadline, please give us a call so we can make arrangements with you. We are happy to work with our past guests on payment schedules.
- The property owner makes the final determination on renewals. Please ensure rules are followed and the rental property is clean to receive an invite back.
Your final payment is due 30 days before check-in, unless another date is listed on your confirmation. If you miss the deadline, we will give you a call or e-mail to remind you.
Yes. We want everyone to be able to come to Hampton Beach! If you are unable to make the initial 40% deposit, give us a call. We can work out weekly/monthly payment plans with you. There is no charge for a payment plan. We can work with almost any budget.
- Transferring to a Different Property – In most cases, we are unable to transfer your deposit to a different property. This is because all of our properties are owned by individuals, not Harris Real Estate. When you book a property, it is taken off the rental market. Our normal cancellation policy would apply. However, we do have some owners that own multiple properties. In that case, we make the transfer if the owner agrees to it. Please call us to check to see if such a transfer is possible.
- Changing Dates – Most of the time, we can accommodate date changes at the same property. Final approval is at the discretion of the property owner. Please give us a call if you would like to change your dates.
Please view the description for specific bed setups. As a general rule, legal sleeping occupancy is equal to twice the number of bedrooms plus one.
Yes! Everyone who works in our office is a local and most of us have been here for 30+ years. Give us a call and we can answer any questions you have about the area, Hampton Beach and beyond.
We waive all booking fees for Military members and First Responders. Please let us know when you book.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a lot of our own. However, there are several options in the area.
- Paid Pre-Booking
- Chat Chew & Play Parking – Located on the corner of A Street. Allows pre-booking and weekly rates.
- Central Parking – Located mid-boardwalk on Ashworth Avenue. Closer to the south end of the beach. Weekly rates and pre-booking.
- Paid Parking
- There are several lots on Hampton Beach that offer weekly or overnight parking that don’t have websites. You can see a map here.
- Free Parking
- If you don’t mind a short drive, you can park vehicles at the Hampton Park & Ride for up to 21 days for free. The lot is lighted and directly in front of the Hampton Court House. For more information, please click here.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with or endorse any private parking lot. We simply provide information as a service.
We understand that circumstances outside our guests control may require them to cancel. In these instances, Harris Real Estate will do everything in its power to get the property re-rented and try to recover some of the deposit money for the guest. The following is our full cancellation policy: