SUMMER RENTAL POLICIES
Thank you for considering Harris Real Estate to help you plan your vacation! Below are our rental policies. We try to be as transparent as possible to avoid any confusion and ask that you reach out to us with any questions prior to booking.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For most properties, check in as at our office located at 395 Ocean Boulevard in Hampton, NH 03842. If your reservation is paid in full, we offer a curbside service on Saturdays. If you need to come inside, we have parking available across the street. Keys must be returned to our office by the check-out time on your receipt. You can also drop your keys in our drop box the night prior, just leave us a note on what time you are leaving.
Your check-in and check-out time will be printed on your confirmation. For most properties, check-in is after 2pm and check-out is before 11am. A few properties do have different schedules though.
Please call our office on your check-in day before trying to check-in early. While we try to get our guests in their properties as early as possible, we cannot hand out keys until rentals have been checked. Sometimes we can allow you to park at the property early, but please call the office to confirm.
We are not able to offer late check-outs because of the tight turnaround schedule. Checking out late makes the next guest unable to check-in on time.
Please read the description for the property and do not assume that a particular amenity is provided or available. Many properties do not have WiFi or air conditioning, unless explicitely stated on the ad. If there are any questions, please call or e-mail us PRIOR to booking.
We ask that you return the property to the way that you found it when you checked in. Please return furniture to its original location and have the property in a clean and orderly condition. We operate on extremely tight turnarounds to maximize each guests time at their rental. Excessively messy rental properties or damages will incur additional charges.
In most cases, you will have first option to renew the same property for the same week the following year. This is done as a courtesy and is not guaranteed. Please keep the following in mind:
- We mail renewals in January of the following year. Please make sure we have an accurate mailing address for you. We’re open year-round if you need to update your information.
- You typically have 30 days from the time the renewal is sent to submit your deposit. If you cannot make the deadline, please give us a call so we can make arrangements with you. We are happy to work with our past guests on payment schedules.
- The property owner makes the final determination on renewals. Please ensure rules are followed and the rental property is clean to receive an invite back.
Your final payment is due 30 days before check-in, unless another date is listed on your confirmation. As most of our guests pay on different schedules, we don’t send automatic reminders. However, if you miss the deadline, we will give you a call or e-mail to remind you.
Yes. We want everyone to be able to come to Hampton Beach! If you are unable to make the initial 40% deposit, give us a call. We can work out weekly/monthly payment plans with you. There is no charge for a payment plan. We can work with almost any budget.
- Transferring to a Different Property – In most cases, we are unable to transfer your deposit to a different property. This is because all of our properties are owned by individuals, not Harris Real Estate. When you book a property, it is taken off the rental market. Our normal cancellation policy would apply. However, we do have some owners that own multiple properties. In that case, we make the transfer if the owner agrees to it. Please call us to check to see if such a transfer is possible.
- Changing Dates – Most of the time, we can accommodate date changes at the same property. Final approval is at the discretion of the property owner. Please give us a call if you would like to change your dates.
Please view the description for specific bed setups. As a general rule, legal sleeping occupancy is equal to twice the number of bedrooms plus one.
Yes! Everyone who works in our office is a local and most of us have been here for 30+ years. Give us a call and we can answer any questions you have about the area, Hampton Beach and beyond.
We waive all booking fees for Military members and First Responders. Please let us know when you book.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a lot of our own. However, there are several options in the area.
- Paid Pre-Booking
- Paid Parking
- There are several lots on Hampton Beach that offer weekly or overnight parking that don’t have websites. You can see a map here.
- Free Parking
- If you don’t mind a short drive, you can park vehicles at the Hampton Park & Ride for up to 21 days for free. The lot is lighted and directly in front of the Hampton Court House. For more information, please click here.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with or endorse any private parking lot. We simply provide information as a service.
We understand that circumstances outside our guests control may require them to cancel. In these instances, Harris Real Estate will do everything in its power to get the property re-rented and try to recover some of the deposit money for the guest. The following is our full cancellation policy: